General Topic: What's your number one favorite part of owning a corgi???

We all love corgis....but for what reasons? Just thought I'd start a group discussion. I love owning corgis because they seem to understand you when your talking to them, like their little furry people!!!

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My corgis are just the best! I love how smart they truly are and I love that corgi "attitude"! I would never even consider another breed.
I love that on a terrible, rotten, never-ending day, I can ALWAYS count on Grissom to do something totally off-the-wall to make everything in life seem better. And it helps that his butt is stinkin' adorable!
"Attitude" is what I would say and I looked up the definition to make sure that would cover what I thought it would and the definition is : A complex mental state involving beliefs & feeling & values & disposition to act in certain ways: that to me is my Corgis! They are loyal, loving but also independant and intelligient to name a few.Oh yes and I can't forget the funny/clown part of their personalities!
That was a good choice! I agree, they have attitude. We really could make a long list.
yes we could make a long list!
I love so much about Twinkie's unique personality but I have to say that the thing that jumps first to my mind is that corgis are the only dog I can think of that is as cute going as coming :o) Gotta love thr fuzzy butt!
I love how happy Charlie is all time, and how he loves to be near me at evey moment of the day. I love his gentle nature, and his sassy attitude. He is a butthead, but he is a wonderful little guy!
I love how snuggly Tucker is most I think - he just can't get enough love and can't be close enough to us. I love how much he enjoys his treats & toys - he likes to celebrate them by throwing them in the air and dancing around. I love how expressive his face/eyes are and when he "talks" to us. And of course that cute bunny butt which he sways side to side when he struts and those chubby stubby little legs & paws!!

That was way more than one thing but there are just so many great things about corgis!
I love how they seem to know your mood. Ecspecially when you need a pick me up, it never fails that when I am feeling out of sorts for some reason I suddenly have a face peering at me going "what's wrong and how do I make it all better?" They make happy or funny faces to make you laugh. They know when you just need a good cry and will lay with you with that sad understanding look on their faces. And then when you are done they give you a kiss as if to say "life is good". So very many things but those faces.
I love their sense of humor :-)

I love their linear thinking.

Example: When Duff first arrived (rescue 2 years old) and I had Ginny (8 years old- also a rescue) it didn't take long to figure out Duff was a ball dog. Ginny was not a ball dog.

Ginny had one hugely annoying habit- barking all the way up and down our long ranch driveway when we were walking up to the barn. This normally consisted of barking right in Duff's ear. He'd be running with a tennis ball and Gingin was right next to him- barking up a storm.

This lasted for about 3 days. Day number 3- Duff dropped the tennis ball in front of Gingin. Ginny picked up the tennis ball. Duff walked away.

'Can't bark with a ball in your mouth.

Ziska
There are so many things, but I'll have to agree with the majority here when it comes to their beautiful, happy, joyous attitude. Sidney is so funny and sweet and smart, it almost makes me cry thinking about it...ok, forget "almost", here I go. *wipes tear away*.
For one thing Corgi's are one of the most intelligent dogs I know. Radar once we started training him to do different tricks and he got the idea that there was a reward at the end.....wwweeellll he'll do anything for a cookie. We have designated Sunday as bone day. He gets a new chewy each Sunday morning...if we forget...he goes to the end table where they are kept and bumps the door till he gets attention & his chewy. There is so much to love about the little critter with a permanent grin on his face. You can hear the wheels turning when he looks up at you with that Corgi stare!!!!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service