To all our dear friends - I wanted to let you know that we had to let our little boy Remy go on December 28, 2010.

He woke up Christmas morning and was very sick - he did not eat, drink or move all day.   We thought it might be something he ate but started looking and acting better on Sunday.  By Tuesday we could tell there was something wrong and took him to his vet, Dr. Craig Meyer of Lake Travis Animal Hospital .    Dr. Meyer is the best vet we EVER had.   He would spend up to 2 hours with us during an appointment when we were trying to figure out why Remy was having trouble walking when his DM started.   He spent 2 hours yesterday with us making sure we were not overlooking any possibilty that could help Remy.   I know some might say it's because he's charging by the hour - but that's not the case - he really cares about his furry patients and the people who love them!

Dr. Meyer said that sometime in the past few months, Remy had developed a tumor that developed very aggressively.  Dr. Meyer said that it was to the point now that it was pressing on his bladder and that was why he was having trouble.   He said that he had less than a week and was concerned because if the tumor ruptured, he would bleed to death and it would be very painful.    We always thought the DM that caused his lower spine and back legs not to work would be what he would succumb to.  Just last week Remy and I were out on the back deck playing ball and he was running around chasing the ball in his cart - so happy to be outside playing in the warm weather.

We kept him that night and in the morning took him to let Dr. Meyer put him to sleep.   Dr. Meyer offered to come to the house but could not do that until later in the day.   Remy did not look good this morning and we could see he was telling us it was time.

As you know, Remy was "our little boy".   We always knew this day would come and when it did, it would be very hard on both of us.   It's worse than I thought.   We miss him terribly, but know we did the right thing so that he did not suffer.

Alot of people would say "he's just a dog" but he wasn't that to us.

Our house is very quiet and it does not feel right to not have him here.

Thanks for being a part of his happy life!

Karen, Rob & Remy Martin of Travis, the Sweetest Pea in the Pod!

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry...I know how hard it is!
I am so very sorry....It is just so hard when we lose our special babies.  I know how hard that it even posting but, know your Remy is running and strong now.  ^..^

im so sorry for your loss, i know you will miss him badly..

and no they are not just dogs...

So very sorry about your loss.  Until you experience the love and companionship of a great dog you can never know the pain in losing one.  All my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Karen, my deepest sympathies for your loss. my heart goes out to u in this difficult time. healing thoughts and prayers sent your way. just remember that he will always be by your side, no matter what and he will be waiting to meet you over the rainbow bridge.

and we all know what you mean about Remy not being "just a dog" our pets are our fur babies, just like teddy is the best friend i have ever had and love him with all my heart and soul. my heart really goes out to you. i am so sorry for your loss 

So sorry to hear about Remy.  No matter how many times a pet passes or is looking to you for mercy...it is never easy!

When a pet becomes a part of your family, it is a bond for life.  No matter how quiet or noisy your pet was in its life...that

quiet and feeling of loss after they are gone is the worst part.  You pray that you did the right thing for them and know it

your heart that you did.  The only thing you can do at this point is take one day at a time.

When we lost Ranger our Lab Mix suddenly 5 years ago, I wanted to wait for a period of time before we got another pet.

Well, that didn't happen...my husband and I could not stand to be in the house because Ranger was not there.  We met

Radar, our "crazy Corgi," a few days later and the rest is history.  While that is not the norm for most, as we had Ranger for nearly 12 years.  I still remember vividly the day he passed and the special place he has in our hearts. 

Radar is a totally different personality than Ranger, but he came along at the right time for us.

Take Care

MM

I'm so sorry you lost your "puppy".  When you wrote, "it does not feel right to not have him here", I cried.  My MaGuire has been gone now for one week and I believe I know exactly how you feel.  I've been trying to adjust, but it's going to take a while.  I keep looking and listening for him.  And I come to this site to look at other Corgis to make me feel better.  It is very hard so take good care!!! 
Oh Karen and Rob, my heart breaks for you both.  Tucker and I are sending you {{{{HUGS}}} and will light a candle for your little Remy tonight.  God Bless and keep you both during this hard time.  Tucker and Cindi
I know Remy is over the Rainbow Bridge playing with my Heston. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. <3
Oh Karen, I was just looking at your photos...I'm so sorry about Remy. He is smiling in all your photos; what a precious soul he is. It's obvious you gave him a wonderful life and he was a lucky dog to be loved by you.
It is with tears in my eyes that I tell you how sorry I am for the loss of Remy.  The people who would say he was "just a dog" don't take the words "family pet" to heart.  He was simply family and of course you feel his loss deeply.  God bless you.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service