Dec 7th UPDATE
Just got confirmation from the printing press, the calendars will ship on 12/14/2009

Dec 3rd UPDATE
Thank you everyone! 11:24EST We've SOLD OUT all the calendars!

Dec 1st UPDATE
Looks like the calendars will be sold out before they ship, currently we have 15% left.

Cyber Monday UPDATE
Only 25% Inventory left!

Black Friday UPDATE

Pre-Order today, ships in 2 weeks. Thank you for voting! The votes were VERY VERY close this year ! So without further ado - here are the line up for 2010: Cover: Finbar Jan: Sidney Feb: Radar Mar: Owen Apr: Bently May: Fagin Jun: Steve Jul: Bailey Aug: Winston
Sep: Wendt Worth Corgis
Oct: Pooka
Nov: Gwynnie
Dec: Penny
Jan11: Roger

Thank you once again for submitting your photos and voting! If you have a favorite rescue that you would like to see the funds go to, you can give "special instruction" upon checkout. Those of you who bought the 09 Calendar knows how fast they go, so I strongly suggest you pre-ordering one TODAY. Again, Thank you everyone!

Old UPDATE 11/20/09
Pre-ordering will start sometime next week, there will not be a re-print, stay tuned!

Old UPDATE 10/17/09
Okay folks, here are the 30 finalist for the 2010 calendar, you may vote up to 14 photos, write down their names and submit to mycorgi.com@gmail.com , Oct 24th is the deadline. Good luck to all!

Find more videos like this on MyCorgi.com
Old update 10/13/09
Voting starts this weekend, check your email later this week.

Old update 09-15-09
Submission closed. Voting begins in 2 weeks

Old update 08-28-09

Okay Folks, here are this year's rules:

1. ONE photo PER member
2. Dogs only
3. Horizontal photo
4. MINIMUM of 6 megapixel (2848 X 2136)
5. File size 3.2MB or higher
6. Rename your photo to DogName_CityAndState.jpg
7. Email to XXXXXXXX@xxxxx.com Subject: Calendar 2010
8. Deadline September 14th 2009

Photo tips:

1. Photos must be sharply focus (eg: eyes)
2. Keep a simple background, your dog will stand out more
3. Make sure indoor photos are well lit
4. Be creative
5. Get your camera and treats ready, have fun!

Find more videos like this on MyCorgi.com
First of all, we would like to thank all the members who've submitted photos and purchased the
2009 calendars! We had a great success and have raised over $1000. We have donated $700 to
Sunshine Corgi Rescue and have since saved $300 for this year upcoming partial printing cost. (yes, we fronted all the printing cost last year) We hope to sell even more calendars this year and to help other rescues around the country. Now that we are a 501c3 non profit charity, we have more ways to save on shipping and printing cost! Lower production cost = more money goes towards different rescues.

Views: 1298

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Carlie! I would love to see orzo make it this year and kiwi too :)
I think we should have a calender like my garfeild one (yes he is a cat, but lets not be picky) where you have 365 pages of pictures with one day for each. That would be awesome. I would so buy that. That way everyone could feel included and more people can participate in the finished product.
That would be pretty cool, we'll see this year's demand and how we can make it affordable.
Great video Sam! i had so much fun submitting a photo last year. I really like the outline you guys used for it. I love my calender. I think you have a pretty eye for this stuff :)
Thank you! And a big thank you to all those who contributed to the project and all the members who voted :)
I think it's a great idea. I have a Corgi calendar, which was a gift, but it's from Willow Creek Press.

My poor Jack is not very photogenic, though. :-( He's so handsome, everyone says so, and yet whenever I take his picture he makes a face or turns away or puts his ears back. LOL I hardly have any good pictures of him. I need to get a better digital camera with a real telephoto lens. I have never replaced my 35mm SLR, and it shows in my pics.
Don't feel bad, my daughter responds the same way when I point a camera at her!

A couple of tips, ideas, suggestions for better photos of your corgi.

1. If you are doing the photo taking try having someone else hold a treat or something that holds the corgi's attention. You can photograph the dog from the side or from the front, depending on where you have the treat holder positioned.

That is really the biggest tip.

2. You can also try placing him on something that makes it a little trickier for him to scamper away ... sort of like the tables they put dogs on in show rings. But it doesn't need to be that high.

3. Along that line, you need to consider "getting down" to corgi level ... which is pretty low! If you are standing and shoot down on a corgi it's almost like being in a helicopter doing photos from the air. Again, if you get the corgi up on something this will help with the angle.

4. A digital camera can help, yes, but much of that is because you can take a lot more photos without worry about cost, and you get more instant feedback. If you consider getting a digital camera check them out very closely. If you get an SLR type it will likely be fine, but some of the simpler more "point-n-shoot" digital cameras can be very slow to respond which can make it nigh on impossible to get a good photo of a dog. Some digital cameras can hesitate up to a second or more, trying to focus, or pre-flash and a bunch of other things ... by which time your corgi is long gone!
Awesome tips Richard, very very true with the treats :)
Thank you! Yes, the problem with my point-and-shoot is the one you mention: too long a delay. After using a pretty good SLR film camera for years, I am finding it hard to adapt.

The camera is fantastic for travel: lightweight, takes good pictures, decent on-board photo touch-ups, etc. It is not so good for action shots.

I need to do my research before I shell out $700 or so for a good SLR digital, though. It's on my long-term wish list, but other things are ahead of it.

Thanks for your tips! I will try taking pictures with someone waving a treat or somethiing.
Sam, my uncle's boxer was from a rescue shelter and they made a calendar with all the dogs in it. They made it in a collage type thing, with a bunch of pictures all smushed together. It would fit a lot of corgis in it, and then more dogs could be in it. 365 days would be kind of hard, but this is an idea. I'm also trying to think of what kind of picture I should take of Guinness for the calendar! I'm so excited!
I've seen pics like this too and really like the idea of lots of faces(or pics) of our not so fortunate corgis but now happpy reacues!
I have the same problem you do, Beth, trying to take pictures of Duncan. That's why I don't have a real pictures of him after the age of 2. As soon as I point a camera at him, he turns, lowers his ears, takes off running...you get the idea. Don't know why either. I never shove the camera in his face of anything. Chloe, my corgi/chow, on the other hand, will patiently sit while I take a picture.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service