Jackson slipped on the carpet going downstairs today and slid half-way down.  When he got to the bottom, he wouldn't walk on his left rear leg.  My initial panic was "Oh no!  He tore his ACL!!"  His right is torn, and his left was loose the last time they checked it.  So off to the vet we went.

His ACL is fine, (shew!) but he injured the tendons/ligaments on his outer toe.  He's in the puppy pen for a week, no running/jumping.  Rest and previcoxx.  Then we can start slow activity.  His mom is going to kill me.  She's at summer camp, and I was supposed to go be the nurse this week.  We made arrangements for him to be at his great-grandparents.  Unfortunately, my husband just got out of the hospital from small bowel obstruction, so I couldn't go to camp.  I figured since I was here, Jackson could just stay home with us.  I am going to be in big trouble come Friday when she gets home!

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I painted the wooden steps to the basement, I threw in some nonskid sand.  Collects dirt, but it's a lot safer.
Aww poor Jackson. Hope he is doing well soon.
So sorry to hear about Jackson.  I hope he heals and is as good as new soon!
Bummer, so sorry to hear that, wishes for a speedy recovery for all!!!!  Hopefully Jackson will be back to himself in no time!!
Hugs to you jackson from all your old friends and hope you feel better soon. You will just have to explain to your momma that you did it yourself and that's why they are called accidents!
You wont be in trouble...she will be glad you were there to take care of him. If he didnt hurt himself on the steps he might og hurt himself some where else. So at least you were there for him. Thanks for taking such good care of him.
I UNLIKE this post.  I wish things were going more smoothly for you.
Get well soon Jackson!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service