Well,  we saw the vet this morning and Sparty will have his toe amputated on Wednesday. After 4 weeks on antibiotics we have no alternative but to go through with the amputation. I am very nervous but fortunately Sparty is very healthy for his age and I have a very good vet. So have good thoughts for us on Wednesday and I will keep you posted.

Update-

Ok Sparty is out of surgery. His infection was a lot more extensive than we thought so the vet had to remove an additional joint. He should still be able to walk. We also had a small cyst on his eyelid removed and they found a cyst under his tongue that also had to be removed. So Sparty will probably not be feeling too good when he gets home. My vet thinks he probably will be able to come home tomorrow but I am calling later today to be sure. Hopefully the biopsy will show just infection and no cancer. Thanks for all the support and I will keep you informed. It sure is hard having them get old....

Views: 930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

aw poor guy. Glad he made it through surgery ok. Please keep us updated

Sparty is on my prayer list tool. Hoping for a good recovery and that it is just an infection.

I hope Sparty did well. He's in my thoughts and warmest wishes. 

How is Sparty today?

Oh,thanks,Bev,for the update.Been thinking about Sparty all night.Waitting for them to get out of surgery and also waitting for the biopsy is so hard.Hang in there!!Will be praying still for Your little buddy.

Well, I have Sparty home and while he looks pretty pitiful he is fine. Unfortunately he has to have a baggie over his food when he goes out so the bandage doesn't get wet. Taking the baggie off did not go over too well! I bet it will be fun to put one on again...that is what the muzzle is for...poor thing. He goes in Saturday to have the bandage changed. I am not sure when the news will come in on the biopsy. As for the bill, I guess I will have to wait longer to get the tile fixed on the bathroom counter...Sparty is more important than that! Wish us luck when the sedatives wear off. He will be on pain pills for a while which I think will help him stay calm.

Good luck with the baggie...you both are in our thoughts and we hoping for a speedy recovery!

Glad to hear he's home.  I'll keep sending you lots of prayers!

Get well soon Sparty!

Ha Ha, I just noticed I said food not foot...makes a big difference!

I was reading this late last night Bev and was wondering...I did figure he had to wear a plastic bag just not sure where:) I hope you are having the nice winter we are....compared to last year!

We are pulling for Sparty to make a full, speedy recovery!  You are a good mommy to him.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service