My Dad's Corgi is due to have puppies any day now and they took her to have an x-ray done to see how many there is. I'm kinda worried cause She's only has one baby in there. Has any one out there has any trouble with single puppy litters. Is there anything We should look for? Thanks

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Priscilla.

If are thinking of adding another corgi, try adopting! There are TONS of corgis in shelters (one at my home right now) who need forever homes. Instead of adding more pups to the world this is a much better way to go. Leave the breeding to the pros! :)
I have a question though for you. Most reputable breeders will only allow their pups to go out of their home with a no breeding contract. Basically, the females MUST be spayed eventually or must never breed without permission from the original breeder. Has your girl been sold to you as a breeding dog?

Good Luck Ashlee for the single puppy, lots of people seemed to have great advice. The little pup must be big in there all by him/her self!!!
yes i was giving the rights to breed, in my contract.
when i bred the dachshunds years ago, nobody ever thought to say anything about a contract to breed..
of course that was 20 yrs ago
The certification is, arguably, the most important part. You don't want to be breeding dogs with heritable defects-- mental or physical.
ya i realize this after being involved on this .com , with all the info.. im learning. I believe education is the key!
although i think Carly is a fine specimen of the breed and most times mentally sound..lol
..i was ask while at the last CGC class by one of the judges, "why i didnt show her becasue she has good lines"..and i said really?
of course i dont have time to do that , and no intendtion too.
ok talked it over with my hubby and we finally agreed, i convinced him ~ hopefully she's going in next week before she goes into her first heat.. (before he changes his mind)

Excellent!!! Just because a dog has a stellar pedigree doesn't always make them breeding quality and if your just wanting another dog then it really isn't worth the risk of the one you've got for a litter when you can buy one of your liking with alot less risk.

Good to hear!! Like others have said, leave breeding to the pros! You're better of getting another dog from the same breeder than breeding yours. And it is so risky and there are SOOOO many things that can go wrong with mom and pups, not to mention all the money a GOOD breeder has to spend on the pups once they are born. It'd definately be cheaper for you to buy another corgi, healthier for your pup to get spayed before her first heat, and better for all the dogs in shelters right now to not have more puppies added to this world. I'm all for reputable breeders breeding, but just hate it when "backyard" breeders start adding to the overabundant puppy population! Good decision!

well apparently they tell me she probably had a heat at six months ?? oh well its a done deal.. she is 11months now .

Ashlee, did your Dad's corgi have the puppy?  I haven't seen a post, hoping everything went okay!

First of all I said it was my DAD's Corgi that was going to have the single puppy, I did not breed them. and second my dad paid well over $2,000 for his pair and has all the ok and papers saying he can breed them. He has been breeding German shepards and Border Collies for years and has never had a single puppy litter.  She delivered the puppy just fine, It was a Tri female but it only lived for a few hours.

Oh sooooo sorry!

I'm sorry to hear that!  How is mom taking it?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service