My husband and I are getting ready for our first corgi, and we're getting supplies for him.  We're stuck on what type of bowls to get for our Bento.  Should we go with plastic? Stainless steel? Ceramic? Bamboo? Two attached bowl combo set?  Extra sets? A particular brand?

Walking down the aisle with the bowls is a bit overwhelming.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 2451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I'm lucky. I just use a couple of ceramic cereal bowls from the dollar store when I first got him home. He doesn't mess with them and I can throw them in the dishwasher.  When we travel it's nothing but the best, disposable plastic bowls from butter or cottage cheese or from lunch meat. He gets nothing but the best!
Lol! How dare you treat him like a dog!! :)

I figured out how to add a picture!  

Here's the "U" shaped bowl:  

The "M" shaped bowl is:

Are there any functional differences to these designs? 

The bottom one is very difficult to tip and the rubber bottom prevents slippage.
I agree with Rachel although most of my food bowls are not the M shaped. My water bowls are the M shaped.
Here's a tip: When you put the M bowl in the dish washer, take off the rubber gasket and wash the gasket by hand, it'll last longer.

Can I get one with "Fang", "Spike" or "Killer" prominently engraved on the side?

Thanks for all the help!  We're going to get two M shaped bowls for Bento.  One more thing we can cross off on our puppy supply list!
This may just be a cat thing, but -- there are chemicals in the plastic that can leach into the water, and are harmful to some cats. Since I find plastic unappealing, I just avoid it. Food bowls don't matter, since the food doesn't sit in the bowl so long :) Should it come to this, the only water bowl my beagle couldn't flip was a two-quart ceramic flat-bottomed, straight-sided dish. Once it was empty he could flip it, but that was a good way to say "Hey, Mom, more water here!"
We feed all our pets in stainless, since ceramic can grow bacteria and chemicals leach from plastic. Have fun shopping!
I use stainless steel. I agree with Jane plastic they do like chew and ceramic can chip. Congratulations  and enjoy your new pup.

The ceramic bowls I have are no different than the plates I eat off of...why would it harbor any more bacteria by just being a dog bowl? I don't really get the logic in that. I couldn't find any actual facts when googling it, just places reposting the same information over and over. Does anyone have a link to a study or anything like that?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service