Cheez-it slept a good part of the day, he got up and immediately pee'd the biggest pee he has ever pee'd. It was my fault, I put him down for a second to get the leash. Anyway, We went out he did nothing and then we came inside and I kenneled him. So here is the problem.

He went to sleep for another 3 hours, You know as well as I that he has to eliminate. But it is raining. I took him outside and he just shakes and runs to the door and he is really very scared. I am almost afraid he will choke himself pulling the leash like that. He will NOT go in the rain. I helped him out there, he flips out and runs inside. No potty is happening like this.

I brought him in and he is dry and in his kennel, but he's going to pee any moment. What should I do? Need help fast!

Thanks

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He already sits at the door when it's time. Thankfully it has not rained again!! I might get a bell, I had planned to because I cant tell sometimes if he's sitting in that area or if he's "at" the door. But usually if it's a real potty-need he will sit there even if I leave the room, walk around ect. They are very smart pups!
Toby has rain issues as well. I can get him to pee (he always seems to have an endless supply), but he absolutely refuses to poop. It was rainy in DC early this week and he held it for almost 36 hours (when it became dry and sunny once again).

Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to induce him to poop when it's wet out?
Try giving canned pumpkin, usually you use this if your corgi is constipated or if you need to make the stool a bit firmer from loose stools. I know when Lance eats canned pumpkin, he usually will go soon after.

I would feed the pumpkin with your pups dinner, mabye a tablespoon. I would do this on the the rainy days, you may not have to give it every day either, you might be able to do it every other rainy day or you might need to use it everyday, just watch for signs of loose stool which means that you need to back off of the pumpkin or lower the quantity. Hope this helps

I will have to try this as well as Lance also will hold it when its raining, although he will go pee in the rain most of the time. Once in awhile he will hold that too even though I know he has to go. I take him out front and he will go then, but not in the backyard on the lead, silly dog LOL
Sparty will do his business no matter what the weather but the girls do not like rain. We have always taught ours when they were puppies that "go potty" means to get it done. It is easy to teach if you go out with them at first and EVERY time they start to pee or poop say go potty and then praise when they are done. This is not the quick fix you asked for but now even if it is raining hard I go out with an umbrella and firmly say "go potty" and they do it. Of course I am not above taking them for a walk in the rain too. I just go out and Sparty trots along like the King and Misty and Izzy drag along looking pitiful but eventually they get it done! With a puppy I would opt for the walk and don't forget to say go potty or something like that.
I remember getting this advice here, when I first got Grover, and it literally is the best advice I got about puppy training. "Go Potty" means do it now or you will have to hold it. It seriously has made my life so much easier on rainy days.
We don't get much rain here in Scottsdale, Az but when Finn was little we seemed to get more than usual and he didn't want to go in the rain either. We took him under a covering so rain wasn't falling on him and used treats and taught him "go potty". He soon learned to pee right away but in the rain he still won't go #2. Peeing was the biggest thing for us though. He only pooped in the house once when he was little and it was more our fault than his but he would pee inside all the time so if he didn't pee outside and we were to bring him back in, he would certainly pee inside.
Caleb will pee in the rain but he prefers not to poop. If you don't watch him he'll pee in the carport just to stay dry.

So when it's nasty outside we carry him to the grass.
I've actually thought about running Toby around the parking garage beneath my building to try to get him to poop on successive rainy days (don't tell my condo association). I wonder if he'd still consider it "indoors" and not want to go...
We had a drought until we got home with Bella and then I swear that it rained for 2weeks straight! I got very sick of going out there but she learned to love the rain! Good luck! You are a very good Corgi parent and deserve a special award for 1 hr and 9 min. in the rain! Make sure he has a good buckle collar or nightengale leash that he can't get out of and maybe carry him further out and stand there (much better than pulling) or like others said by a tree. Someone else suggested making it "fun" that's a good idea too!
We had a drought until we got home with Bella and then I swear that it rained for 2weeks straight! I got very sick of going out there but she learned to love the rain! Good luck! You are a very good Corgi parent and deserve a special award for 1 hr and 9 min. in the rain! Make sure he has a good buckle collar or nightengale leash that he can't get out of and maybe carry him further out and stand there (much better than pulling) or like others said by a tree. Someone else suggested making it "fun" that's a good idea too!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service