Jack loves agility class, but we haven't been able to go for a few weeks because he caught some hookworms and we wanted to make sure the other dogs in class were safe.

I don't have a fenced back yard so I don't have my own equipment. Since he's been out of practice, I got a couple upside-down buckets and some wood trim left from when we built the house and rigged up a jump and took him to the park with it.

He was sooooo excited, he Roo-oo-oooohed at me the while time we practiced. He was way too sharp (running full speed and flying over the jump rather than thinking about what he was doing) and it was getting dark so we only ran for about 10 minutes, tops. He'd eaten around 2 hours before which seemed plenty of time. He came home grinning like a fool....

and promptly threw up twice in the living room. Since he has eaten an hour before class many times before and never once thrown up, I don't think it was the exercise. I think it was the excitement.

He's done this several times before. Once the first time we played with his indoor Chuckit launcher, so excited he vomited. Another time when we had a friend over and she talked to him in a high excited voice all night. I think another time when my mom came by and he hadn't seen her in ages.

Jack is rock-solid temperament-wise, not prone to erratic behavior. But every now and then he gets himself so excited he just vomits. It's like having a little kid!

Anyone else have a Corgi who vomits when he or she gets excited? Yuck.

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Poor Jack (or maybe Beth)...mine don't do this but understand all the excitment of getting to do a favorite thing after having some time off.
Potus doesn't vomit when excited but he does vomit often. Well, not often, but more than any other dog I know. It doesn't seem to be health related, we assume it's more to do with him eating something he shouldn't have. He will however get over excited when he sees dog agility. He howls, whines and yelps and tries to nip me. So he hasn't been able to go to agility because he's just too overexcited to calm down and focus. So I understand the vomiting and the over excitement- even if they're not linked for Potus.
Poor Jack!  Ragnar doesn't get so excited he throw up, but he does do excitement poops.  It's terrible--we go to PetSmart, he poops.  We go to the vet, he not only poops before we go (so we think he's emptied), but he poops in their yard, then he does a little token poop inside the office.
Franklin doesn't do this but my german shepherd used to do this. We trained her in search and rescue and when she was first learning to search for people, when she found someone in practice she'd get sooooooo excited she'd promptly vomit all over. Not exactly the greeting a distressed, lost person wants! LOL. I think Franklin lives everyday in such a state of happy excitement that its hard to amp him up to a level where he vomits. Every new activity gets him jumping, wiggling, arrroooohhhhhing, etc.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service