Ugh, is there no end to the things people will pitch out a car window? Jack found and ate most of a Boston Creme doughnut before my husband managed to get the rest of it away from him.

I think the small amount of cheap chocolate in the glaze is probably not enough to cause harm, but I'm more worried about the fat and large amount of sugar. I'm waiting for the vet to open to see what they say. I have a feeling I will have a vomiting dog on my hands pretty soon....

Should I be concerned?

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you mean. My dog started to throw up last night. I took her with me to company picnic yesterday. I was with her most of the time, & kept eyes on her constantly so she won't eat anything off the ground, but there were times I had to leave her with my co-workers, and not sure if she snuck something off the ground or from someone... End result, not bad, but sick puppy & mommy sleeping on the floor with the dog so the dog will stay in the tile area.

I've seen some people drop food on the street & say "oops, that's ok. some dog or cats will eat it." Hmmmm. I guess people don't know lots of human food are harmful to dogs & cats. Sad, but true. :(
hehe sometimes they just inhale the food before you even notice. It is funny and frusrtating at the same time.
My corgi mix has a sensitive stomach ( and by sensitive I mean occassional diahrea and always gassy ) but I would not be too worried about the donut. With everything Morgan has managed to eat I am surprised he doesn't make a clinking noise when I pick him up. I would just keep an eye open for emergency bathroom breaks. Everything passes with time, at least it was not meat. One of the local dogs ate some meat and it turned out it was soaked in antifreeze and he died. Some idiot was trying to kill the coyotes behind his house and he got a neighborhood dog. Poor dog should not have been wondering around free ... I guess what I mean to say is it could be worse. Some people are just mean and stupid.
Tootsie had half of a draft beer before I could catch her....they are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!! She was fine - slept like a log...
Ha! That's kinda funny (of course, that's knowing it turned out ok....).
Miranda had a thing for beer, my father's fault. He watched her for a week and apparently gave her enough beer to make her sick. Now she won't touch the stuff. Proof of the danger of letting family dog sit.
Glad to hear Jack is doing ok. : )
My biggest annoyance is people who leave chicken bones on the ground- like they're walking along, eating KFC or whatever and think the grounds the best place for that bone. I once had to practically wrestle Potus to the ground to get a chicken bone out of his mouth (it was in long grass and I didn't see it) I managed to get most of it away but he swallowed some. I was petrified it would hurt him but nothing happened- he's fine. It could have been a lot worse though.
That is dangerous, cooked chicken bones can splinter and cause a lot of damage. People don't think. Just because it is in a cartoon, does not mean you should give your dog a cooked chicken drumstick for a treat.
The thing that angers me the most is broken beer bottles on the sidewalks (and once, in the breezeway to my apartment building). Wrigley of course wants to sniff it and I'm terrified of him cutting his paws or worse, eating it.
This gets to me as well, we dont come across food laying around but we do come across broken glass once in awhile walking.
Surprisingly enough, the doughnut did not make Jack sick or give him loose stools. Yet if he ate a single acorn, he'd have bloody diarrhea. Go figure.

He was NOT happy with his tiny supper ration last night, and this morning when my husband went to feed him, he gave an excited/impatient "Aaah-rooo" that is usually reserved for those times when I am too slow in getting him a treat. Poor guy; we starve him to death, you know, which is why he needs to go scrounging for doughnuts.

We live by a big park and in almost every way that's a great thing, but the downside is the "found" items. Often food, and yes we've found chicken bones too (thankfully before the dog has) along with those beer cans/bottles and the very rare hypodermic needle.

If I went to toss something out the car window when I was a kid, my father would have had my head on a plate. I wonder what it would do to a poor bird or squirrel if it made an entire meal of the junk food that gets tossed around by people? Their little metabolisms are so fast, it can't be good for them.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service