I think we found him! We are going down soon to visit maybe let Midas come with...good idea? He is the "explorer" of the group and seems sweet and most curious of them all. He has the smallest bit of white on his back. He is the chubbiest of them all. I can't wait to meet him. Now everybody, lets play a little game called..."NAME THAT CORGI!!!!" We need it to sound good with Midas and were going on the line of another king name or we also liked the idea of some welsh towns. But believe me, we are very open to names. Oh and he is the one all the way on the right!

Views: 152

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sirius (the Dog Star, Orion's big dog, brightest star in the sky, lower-left of Orion)
Procyon ("Pro-see-un" Pro for short), Canis Minor, Orion's little dog; although they will lose their black masks unless they're blackheaded tris, Procyon is a good name a blackfaced tri because it's also the genus name of the raccoons, so the mask would fit.
I have a student named Hagan and I love the name.

Here is the meaning.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Hagan.html
We gave a Welsh name, too. I love the name Tristyn ( also spelled Trystan) for a boy. And Gareth -- in Welsh it means gentle, modest and brave. Sir Gareth was a legendary knight of King Arthur's Round Table. Congratulations on your new baby!
I usually base the names on the personality. If he is pushy or regal than yes Rex or Thor works, but if he is a timid pup, then something like Wilbur makes more sense. I like Bear because you said he is the fattest of all the other pups. But what kind of personality is he?
If you can take Midas along I would. I frequently let other dogs(with current shots) come with the potential owners and it's great. My last one brought 2 corgis along and it appears that usually the pups pic who they want to go with and definately show this. i know you have yours picked but it's a great time and so much fun! It's surprising to watch this and tons of fun!
Agamemnon!

Enjoy that pupster!!
How about Llywellyn, pronounced Hloo-ellen (call him Lou or Louie for short)? Named for two of the greatest native princes of Wales--Llywellyn Fawr (the Great) and his grandson, Llywellyn ap Gryffyd, the last prince, who was killed brutally by Edward Longshanks, for Braveheart fans out there.
I have been DYING to name our future corgi Llywellyn (awesome name) but my boyfriend won't let me because it is also the name of a famous contracts scholar and we are lawyers and he thinks it would be supremely nerdy. Please go with Llywellyn! Great name!
Hmmm...what about Apollo or Pan? Both are related to the myth of Midas. :) He's adorable, BTW.
I guess I am a little nervous to take him. He is of course current on all shots, but thats not what I'm most afraid of. Midas likes to play rough with bigs dogs. He likes wrestling. Will he know to be more gentle? And if he is rough I don't want her to think that's how it would always be, Midas would definitely be corrected. Midas has never bit or been aggressive towards anyone or anything for that matter. It's just that the pup will be so young, will Midas know?
It really depends on the dog.Livvy my one mom is much rougher than Bella. She tries but it doesn't work as well. If you have him on a leash and can maybe only let them smell each other if he appears to be getting too rough. I just had 2 corgis here the other day to pick out a pup and they were much more interested in things other than the pup but did great and then ran off again. I just got a pic last night of all 3 laying together on a kitchen rug.I guess you won't know till you get there but if you are prepared then it shouldn't be a problem! My Aussie has growled at the pups BUT that was not due to him not liking them but more the sense that he could "hurt" them since he is so big! The 2 I have left adore Armani and chase him all over now that they're bigger. Go with you comfort level!
haha, I LOVE that you have a dog named Armani :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service