http://www.latimes.com/features/odd-news/ktla-stolen-show-dogs,0,72...

My heart just broke when I saw this on the news this a.m.
Two of the dogs are corgis!

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:(
i feel so bad for them..
I hope they get their dogs back, but it really irritates me the way they are advertising the dog's "worth".
I feel bad too, but honestly I am stunned by their "value." Based on what? A show-quality Corgi pup sells for maybe $1500. I dunno, perhaps $2000. Generally the stud fee for a show dog is the value of a pup, or an actual pup. A breeding bitch usually has 2 litters, or maybe 3, so figure 20 pups would be a lot, 12 more likely. So I'm not sure how they are calculating the value.

I know racehorses are worth millions, but they can also win millions on the track (though most of them don't).
Well, I do not think they base the value of the dog on business terms. I think it is more like in "collectible" terms, similar to a 20 million dollar Picasso.
One was a 10-month old puppy who just started showing that they said was worth $100k.

I honestly don't know what winning show-dogs go for, but that seems very high to me. I did some hunting on line and the best I could find was that the whippet who got lost at the airport was worth $20,000, and someone was selling an international champion OES three-year-old stud dog for $30,000.

So, with that said, I can't imagine a ten-month-old pup being worth $100k.

I do feel awful for them, having their dogs stolen. On the other hand, letting them sleep unattended in a van in a hotel parking lot was probably not the wisest of moves and I do have reason to question the stated values of the dogs.
Like all collectibles, the collector can claim the value of their collectible all they want, but that does not mean that they can sell their collectible on the market right away. So, until someone actually pays for asking price, it is just their words. Value is in the eyes of the beholder (collector), and usually it does not make sense to us, only to the collector. How many times do we ever see a Picasso change hand in our life time, not very often, yet they are all worth millions of dollars. I think it is the same thing here.

That being said, here is the most expensive dog in the world.
Lancelot Encore... cute, haha.
I agree , i was thinking how in the world! IF i had something worth that much it wouldnt sleep in my car unattended over night!! No doubt that was an exaggeration on their worth...
LOL, good point. I would not leave half a mill in the car!
If your dogs are worth that much why would you leave them in a car overnight? Also, repeatedly saying how much they are "worth" is going to make it much less likely that they will be returned in my opinion. A theif would be more likely to return a family pet for a huge reward than a "$100,000" dog.
thats so sad:(.....but then again why in the world would you leave them in the van?? i know she said that they would get hot but there is AC in your room. plus you would think having 4dogs in a van would just make it hot anyways. i know i sure as heck wouldn't leave my 2cats or teddy in our car. i hope they find there dogs though, its heart breaking when things like this happen

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service