Atlas just started crawling under my bed for no apparent reason other than to push the wooden mattress support planks and listen to the noise they make.
The bed is really low to the ground, so low-that he has to lay on his side, and then slide under the bed with his back legs, then once he's past the lip he has just enough room to snake around on his belly under there.

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oliver has a few odd behaviours. He likes to stick his face in his water bowl and blow bubbles with his nose. Then he tries to catch the bubbles, but they mysteriously seem to stop when he takes his face out of the water...hmmm. It makes such a mess! I'm just glad we have tile!
He also likes to run under the bed. We have a low bed so he belly crawls under there and will sometimes even spend the whole night sleeping under there. I think he considers it his sanctuary. It is super annoying when he cries at my feet for something and when I get up to see what he wants he darts under the bed...so what does he want?!
The list of what he does that isn't weird would be a lot shorter!
Oliver likes to organize things; he will pile all of his toys, my shoes, rocks, whatever he can get his mouth around, in a pile. He also likes to pull undergarments out of the dirty clothes hamper and drag them into the livingroom. Luckily he doesn't chew on anything... yet, but it's still embarassing to have company over and see your bra go zooming across the livingroom rug. I think he thinks he's helping though, because he will also pick up things you drop and carry them behind you. He likes to help me load the washer, grabbing things out of the pile and bringing them to me.
He takes his rawhide sticks and carries them around in his mouth like old men do toothpicks. He will carry dandelion heads, rocks, grass in his mouth and try and sneek them in the house. Since he knows he's not supposed to have things like plastic, he makes a game out of finding a piece. He will sit in front of me and poke it in and out of his mouth, waiting for me to realize and try and get it from him. When his food/water dish is empty, he will pick it up and carry it around the house looking for us, then set it down at our feet and whimper. Ollie is the most vocal dog I've ever had! He doesn't bark (alot), but he will carry on conversations with you, making all sorts of funny noises.
Whenever I am on the couch, or in the car, he loves to sit on my shoulders... Which works for now, since he's only 3 months.
I love his personality, even if he does come with a lot of quirks! There are sooo many more little things that he does, but it just makes him the adorable little thing we love!
ein does this under our couch but its mostly to get toys and what not. besides frapping, ein makes these weird wookie noises when he wakes up in the morning or after a long nap. its so weird but so cute!
Randy goes through a long drawn out stretching ritual every morning, like he is warming up for a 10K or something. He really gets into it and it is funny to watch. It is strange to me because Leo does not go through near as much stretching as little brother. Randy also digs in the water dish, making a huge wet mess on the floor daily. Both my pups make strange sounds, typical to Corgis, and I think it's cool.
if we forget to close the shower door, Wally jumps into the bathtub and steals the hair net from the drain, darts under the bed and proceeds to destroy. He also likes to steal water bottles and work the cap off so he can toss it around and play with it. He steals socks from the hamper, he steals anything paper from tables, trashcans, he'll basically steal anything that's destructible. Darn him...
I think Bear's favorite toy is waterbottles. They're noisy and bounce, he will choose them constantly over his other toys.
I know what you mean, Molly's favorite toy in the world is a two-liter Mountain Dew bottle (for some reason she goes for the green toys). She will herd that thing around the living room like a mad dog, but it makes her so happy I don't dare stop her. Eventually, though, she will pucture it and start trying to eat the plastic, and I have to steal it away from her.
You know, I saw a really cool toy the other day online. It was a little stuffed animal-type thing, but it was designed to fit over a 20 oz. type water bottle so they could enjoy the crinkling but not injure their mouths on broken plastic. Something like that would combine Bear's "other toys" with his preferred toys! ;)
Jack also loves plastic soda bottles or cups. He makes wookie noises too! AND he does the Roooooo thing; I say he sounds like a dying beagle. LOL He only does it when he thinks that we are being too slow in getting his treat when he's done lots of tricks or obedience exercises

When he was a puppy, he only pooped in the house once, but he was terrible for peeing in the house. Until he was about 4 months old, if he was playing he'd pee the second his feet touched carpeting, so he was confined to the kitchen for the longest time. We got one of those little fuzzy washable mats to put under his food and water bowls. Well, we always picked his food dish up when he was done eating, or he'd play with it. And we'd pick his water up about 8pm so he could sleep through the night pee-free. But we left that fuzzy mat down.

One night he was playing in the kitchen and he ran over the mat, and since he hit something that felt like carpeting, sure enough he stopped and peed.

Well, the look he gave that mat was priceless. It said, clearer than words, "Oh my God, someone peed where I eat. How rude!!!" Then he grabbed it in his little teeth and tugged and tugged (it wasn't heavy, but had a grippy back to prevent slipping) til he pulled it away from where he ate, and gave it a triumphant look.

I tried washing it thoroughly in all sorts of cleaners, but after that the second we'd put it down, he'd drag it away from his eating spot. Who wants to eat on a toilet, after all! So, no more fuzzy mats.....

Now he's two, and the funniest thing he does is try to gather all his toys in his mouth at once. He will make a great ritual of rearranging them so more fit. He has a set of rubber rings; they can go away in the back. Then he has a big squishy red ball with mostly holes in it (the packaging said it was called "Holey Roller".) Since that squishes, that goes in second. Then he has plenty of room for a tennis ball, or another smaller ball. And if the other ball has give too, every once in awhile he can fit the world-record of four toys in his mouth.

It's hysterical, and he does it all the time. He always has at least one toy in his mouth if he's chasing another one, but generally has two and sometimes three. It makes it hard to play with him, because he grabs all his toys and wants you to kick another one around for him to play with.

And his favorite game is soccer; he plays goalie in the hallway, and we need to try to kick the ball past him. He is always holding another in his mouth, so when he runs for it he makes muffled "Urggg, urggg, grrrruuurg" sounds at it. Which is just as well, because with no toy in his mouth he barks a piercing high-pitched yap when you play with him. Only inside, though; outside he's stone silent all the time. And since he has one toy occupying his mouth, when he gets to the ball you kicked he will push it back up the hall to you with his nose, so you can start all over again.
He sounds really cute! Have you ever seen the Giggle Ball. It makes funny noises when it rolls around. Sparty loves a soccer size ball too and went nuts with the giggle ball. I finally stopped buying them because he eventually chews hole in them but he does that to everything.
So far the weirdest thing Stella does is pile up all of her toys and lays on top of the pile while she's chewing a bone or another toy. It's a little "princess and the pea"! I've just had her for a little over two weeks, so I'm sure there's more weirdness to come...
Last weekend we went to visit my friend and her 3 year old daughter Liza. Liza gave Bear a yellow stuffed animal that resembles a duck - two wings, two feet and holding a flower of some sort. Oh, and when you press its belly just right it quacks for about 30 seconds.

At first I was afraid to give it to Bear, since it has eyes and other limbs - but he loves it! He has destroyed the "made for pets" stuffed bears, stuffed platypus and other chewie things...but the noisy Duck? It's not even missing a leaf from the felt flower.

He evidently thinks it's alive and just carries it around, sleeps with it and tosses it - but doesn't destroy it...oddest thing I've ever seen.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service