I have three dogs, and sometimes I need to walk two or even all three at once by myself. I've seen an item at the store that looks like a "Y", where you can attach two dogs to one leash. Have any of you used this kind of thing? Do they work?

What are they actually called...so I can do a google search and find a good deal on a good quality one. That is, if you guys give them a thumbs-up. If I hear nightmare stories I won't bother. Thank goodness for mycorgi.com!

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, that sounds like a brilliant compromise (and would still give you the option of totally separating the dogs if needed)!!

The couplers I have seen split a lot further down towards the dog than what I have in mind; I want one that gives each dog about 3 foot of lead, with the other 2-3 feet up top for the single part of the leash. That way I could reach down and grab the section that was attached to the misbehaving dog. I was just poking around online to see if there is one like what I have pictured in my head.
Beth, I usually walk all three dogs at once and tried the coupler. It really did not work well because Sparty and Izzy walk at such different speeds. Iz likes to "lolly gag" along and Sparty is always on a mission. Also, if one stops to pee the other doesn't. Would have liked a photo of the dirty look Sparty gave me after Izzy pulled him off three legs in the middle of a p! There is no way that I could hook anyone to Misty because of her height and she is pretty clueless while walking. Most of the time I make her heel because she loves to pull. Maybe someone else has had better experiances.
Hi Geri!
I have one and it's called DABA DOO! I actually prefer 2 leashes( but they can tangle easier) it does work I just think that they are closer with less room to move, it does depend on the dogs! I also wondered if I used 2 if I could connect 3 dogs! I think mine is med. or large I don't remember. It would be worth trying as I just don't have to use leashes that often! I believe that mine was around $12. Good luck!
Wow, I forgot all about this!
I ended up buying the inexpensive $10 one from Petco. I don't use it often because one of the old dogs does not walk so well anymore and stays home when we walk. But when we did use the splitter, it worked pretty well. The biggest problem was, like Bev said, one would stop to pee and the other would keep on truckin'. For correction, it gave us a good opportunity to work on vocal correction in lieu of the leash snap.
I've seen people use them wth apparent ease but haven't experienced them myself
The wacky walker is really cool, I'm getting a leash for Pooka. It stretches and so they pull against themselves, not against you and prevent the JERKing.

They have a coupler, and even a triple one!

(I know this is late, but maybe for christmas?)
http://www.keepdoggiesafe.com/triplers.html
Reviews on this leash seem mixed. Trainers seem to hate it and regular dog people seem to like it. Confusing.
In the UK they are called a Link Lead, and we had it when we had 2 corgi's and it did work well but we found that they could not sniff, as the other dog was either moving on or trying to sniff somewhere else. It never tangled and was much easier to use it when we had 2 rather than getting tangled all the time.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service