Does anyone know how i can get a corgi husky mix?

I live in Dallas Tx and i really want a corgi husky mix! they are so cute! are there any breeders in the area that i can get one from?

Views: 112105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uh... put a corgi and a husky in a blender....?

sorry, it's an old joke....

LOl!
  :)

At first the smart-aleck in me wanted to say you get a corgi and a husky, some romantic music, a few martinis, and maybe a step ladder. :)

But seriously, a professional breeder wouldn't breed for "mutts", for that's what they are. They're just the kind of dog you have to stumble upon.

My two cents: I'm sure they're adorable. But my corgi gets very hot up here in the Wisconsin summer. Huskies do also. So this might not be the best choice for Texas. (Although if I had to live in TX, I'd STILL want my little corgi with me!)

Although many of the best dogs I see in the neighborhood are mutts from the pound, a corgi x husky mix sounds like Dennis Kuccinich x Grover Norquist... maybe what you want is a corgi x coyote mix -- a dog that thinks 100 F. is cool, can live off dried cactus fumes, and can steal your credit card PIN by looking into your eyes...?

I saw a 4 month old malamute at the park today... and lived to tell about it.
I agree with Julia that reputable breeders would most likely not intentionally breed a mix. If you're determined, I suggest keeping an eye out on pet rescue websites. They often have a lot of 'mutts' and you would be giving a dog a forever home!

I agree, you won't find a breeder who specifically breeds for mutts (not a reputable one, anyway).  I love mutts and they are what we had growing up, but it's something that happens more or less by mistake (except for those who breed the "designer" mutts that people go nuts for.) 

If you're really interested in finding one, I'd suggest calling shelters, checking Petfinder and doing some general internet searches.  I can't imagine such a thick-coated pup enjoying the Texas heat, though.  But then again, I'm the type that thinks even 80 degrees is too hot.  ;)

Have you tried checking pet finder? I agree you won't find this mix from a breeder but may find one on there.

I saw this cross post from another corgi blog, it has a questionable word in the title so I'll keep it at that. LOL He looks so sad and needs a home. He's in Florida.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19860140

I didn't do a search but there may be other corgi/husky crosses closer to you. As mentioned before, check Petfinder.

Oh what a cutie! Hope he finds a good home:)
Wasn't there a post somewhere about "cutest corgi mixes" or something lately with a picture of a corgi x husky puppy. Just what we need, more "designer" dogs. sigh.
I know you have had your share of smart aleck answers but I still have to weigh in:  just brush a corgi and a husky in the same room and you will have enough hair for a whole litter....

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service