Have you ever seen a corgi on meth?  We made it through the night, but I have never seen so much poop come from a 23 pound dog.  She is absolutely crazy....very hyper, but not panting as much this morning.  Just hyper.  I'm trying to keep her calm to keep her heart rate at a reasonable level (which it is)...I stayed up with her all night, and am going to try to sleep a little now since the girls are home for Christmas break now, and my husband is home today.  Thank you all for the kind words, Beth's wisdom to keep me calm, and the prayers.  I really appreciate it!  I will update again later...

Well, I guess my family didn't learn anything from the lesson I gave about Teddy.  My brother-in-law sent us a big basket of chocolate for the holidays, and my family left it on the counter.  Sage got a box of Ghirardelli Dark and Raspberry 5.32 oz squares, and either she or Seanna ate all of them; along with a box of Dolcetto Natural wafer rolls 4.4 oz.  I called the Emergency Clinic, and it's too late to give them hydrogen peroxide to make them puke.  They said all they can do is supportive care, but the toxic level for Seanna is 2.5 oz, and I guarantee that as dominant as she is, she probably ate all of it.  They recommend just watching her here, and calling them back if she starts getting hyper, drinking a lot of water, etc.  They said I can bring her out, but I am looking at two-three days for it to clear, and a cost of over $1000.  I just don't get why my family can't listen to what I tell them to do.  I don't know what I will do if something happens to her....

Views: 1389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope all is ok now , my prayers are with you for a quick recovery

I'm so, so glad she made it through!  I know we'd all rather deal with a meth'd Corgi pooping twice its weight than the alternative.  Hang in there!!

Glad all seems to be better. Get some sleep and maybe by the time you wake up she will gotten  even better. I'm so happy for you all! I don't think I'd want to see a corgi on meth:(

Oh my gosh, I just saw this and am so sorry this happened!  I'm glad things seem to be getting better.  I hope she continues to improve!

Wait, do we have an update?   I don't see an update from jennifer but I see other people who seem to have heard news....

Never mind, I see the update up top now.   Thank goodness she seems to be more or less ok!   I've been worried.

Thank you for the update and glad she is doing okay. Did you get some sleep?

Not really.  So tired now I can't sleep.  O/well.  Life is good!  :-)

Your still on our prayer list and we hope that we all can learn from this.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service