Since I am only a few weeks into being an owner I am taking a survey about which brands of food are preferred. My vet recommends purina one puppy food and that is what I started feeding. Now I am reading that this is "junky" full of undesirable ingredients as are many seemingly good foods. I have been reading about Blue Buffalo and Innova. Any thoughts?

Views: 8571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I work for a vet and we always warn of the dangers of grapes, choc, onions, garlic, nuts etc. We see dogs with pancreatitis attributed often to too much people food as well. I worry about her developing food allergies. My sister has a dog that has had terrible food (and other) allergies her whole life and hope I never run into that.
I am thinking I will try the blue buffalo, I have been reading about it. Thanks
Ahead of the game, nice!
oh my goodness a food thread!
I feel Wellness Core. Dogs love it.
We have been really happy with Wellness; we feed Rotations now and Sidney really likes it. His tummy and his coat are doing very well on it too.
We feed Wellness Healthy Weight. And we use Wellness treats too.
We feed Cooper Blue Buffalo Puppy formula, he loves it and its good for him :)
Ella's breeder had her on some kind of all stage stuff that can only be found at "Sam's club". So we started her off on Iam's chicken puppy, as it was easy for us to find, and then to adult Iam's "natural chicken". About 3 months ago, I found Taste of the Wild locally and we switched her to their "Fowl" flavor. She loves it and has been doing great on it. They say that with the "grain free" foods you have to watch for weight gain. So we have been weighing her every few weeks, so far no weight gain and we are feeding the same amount of TOW as we did the Iams.
wow...the sam's club near here only carries junk dog food! I use the salmon for their coats.
I ended up finding the TOTW at of all places Tractor Supply, only $9.99 for the 5 lb bag. Which isn't much more then the Iams was at Walmart.
It probably was "junk" that the breeder was feeding her from Sam's club. Not a good breeder.
I feed all my animals wellness and I must say I'm very happy with it. It may seem expensive but a 15pound bag lasts me more than a month. Its all natural and they all thrive on it. When I didn't know anything about the qulity of food I fed them purina and they all ate twice as much. There hair was dull falling out. And they just seemed sluggish but now that I know better lol. They have been on it for almost a year and there fur is silk. They r so full of life and only eat twice a day. I truly believe in "u r what u eat" and I love this brand and will never switch
Sophie has epilepsy and we feed her Wellness. She has done much better since we switched to this brand. Home cooking just isn't doable for us. Look for a kibble without corn products if you are worried about allergies; lots of dogs react to corn and its by-products. You'd be amazed at the ingredients/additives that are corn based!
Alwyn has been eating Merrick brand food and we really enjoy the product and stand by the ingredients.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service