Well,  we saw the vet this morning and Sparty will have his toe amputated on Wednesday. After 4 weeks on antibiotics we have no alternative but to go through with the amputation. I am very nervous but fortunately Sparty is very healthy for his age and I have a very good vet. So have good thoughts for us on Wednesday and I will keep you posted.

Update-

Ok Sparty is out of surgery. His infection was a lot more extensive than we thought so the vet had to remove an additional joint. He should still be able to walk. We also had a small cyst on his eyelid removed and they found a cyst under his tongue that also had to be removed. So Sparty will probably not be feeling too good when he gets home. My vet thinks he probably will be able to come home tomorrow but I am calling later today to be sure. Hopefully the biopsy will show just infection and no cancer. Thanks for all the support and I will keep you informed. It sure is hard having them get old....

Views: 930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get well soon and Dino is thinking of you. BTW he loves his ipaw  It is easy to use without thumbs

Ah...warm thoughts, sweet Sparty!  Sending hugs and prayers and well wishes to you and your family.  Keep that corgi smile in place!  You'll be back in action before you know it!

Oh Bev, my heart goes out to you and Sparty. The anticipation and the waiting are so hard. Hopefully he will surprise you with a great recovery. Sparty's got lots of heart and we all know that you do, Bev. We'll all be pulling for you guys and you're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on the biopsy results. How long does it usually take to get them back?

awe poor sparty, he's got alot goin on there. Hope he feels and heals faster than expected. Prayers for you and sparty. this has to be awefully hard on you to. At least the surgery is over now, and he can be on the mend. Be strong sparty. :)

Good luck Sparty, you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Sparty just got his bandage changed and is resting comfortably. Some of his toes are now out of the bandage. He seems much better since I got a stronger pain med for him. We go in Monday also and are looking forward to being done with this!

I bet it feels good to have some of his toes out of the bandage!!  Give Sparty a big hug from us.

Glad to hear he's more comfortable.  Hope all continues to go well.

Glad you get to stick a few toes out Sparty:) Hoping you have a speedy recovery and that Bev and you get great news!

Sorry to hear that.  Hope he bounces back quickly. They are tough little dogs, even when they get old.

Sparty got his bandage changed again today and is healing well but doesn't put much weight on the paw yet. He is still on pain meds and has to wear the cone. The biopsy for the cyst on his tongue came back benign but we are still waiting on the one for the toe. This has been a bit of a long haul but Sparty remains his same old self. Still my baby!

Go Sparty!   Hope he's able to get the cone off soon, poor guy.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service